Our Mission, Vision and Values
The idea of implementing a Roundtable in Park Extension arose out of a need to create a multi-sector concertation entity that would garner support from the neighbourhood’s residents, actors and partners and thus become a functional player having the leadership and competence to foster concerted action.
Here’s a brief description of the mission, values, objectives and desired changes of the Round Table as they were collectively defined and chosen by the Park Extension residents and community actors during the First Big Gathering on April 12-13, 2019.
The first steps towards the creation of the Roundtable were taken in 2015, when a monitoring committee was established. Its main task was to conceive a cross-sectoral and multi-network round table.
The Roundtable was officially created on June 16th 2018, during the foundation assembly that gathered many citizens and spokespeople from different community organizations eager to bring positive change in the Park Extension community.
Since then, under the Board of Directors’ guidance, its team has been able to put forward numerous initiatives and projects as well as consolidate relationships with community and financial partners.
What is a Roundtable?
Here’s a video featuring the Roundtable’s work for 2018-2019
The Roundtable is a local social development collaborative mechanism that brings stakeholders together to achieve its mission: To improve the quality of life and the living conditions of citizens and to promote their rights and collective interests.
- Develop and share a common vision of the neighbourhood;
- Mobilize the neighbourhood stakeholders and authorities around this common vision;
- Implement inclusive democratic processes that factor in the neighbourhood’s cultural diversity;
- Ensure that concrete steps are taken to improve the quality of life and living conditions of the people in the neighbourhood; and
- Receive and administer donations other contributions of similar nature in cash or real estate, and organize subscription campaigns to raise funds for charitable purposes.
- More quality, affordable and accessible housing for all
- Integrated food security strategies
- Cohesive child and youth development initiatives
- Comprehensive programs toward the socioprofessional integration of the residents
- The residents know and use the resources and services available